Once the vehicle was purchased I started immediately forming a list of parts I’d need to perform the swap. I also needed to think about what performance shop to work with. In the Bay Area, there are several Subaru performance specialists so tons of research will be needed at this step.
As parts come in I edit this list so check back here for updates.
1997 Subaru Impreza Brighton (Coupe)
• Painted in WRB
• ABW Motorsports WRC 60mm Kit
• JDM Clear Headlights
• JDM Tail lights
• JDM Corner lights
• JDM Clear Banana/Side signals
• Seibon carbon fiber OEM style hood
• Aerocatch hood latches
• 00′ RS Dash support beam
• 98’ RS Rear interior panels
• 00′ RS Steering Column
• STI OEM Steering Rack (2015)
• KW Variant V3 Coilovers (05-07 STI)
• Cusco Pillow Ball Mount (Front for GC8)
• Cusco Pillow Ball Mount (Rear for GC8)
• STI OEM Crossmember (05-07)
• STI OEM Control arms (05-07)
• TSSFAB rear subframe
• Whiteline adjustable sway bar 27mm (Front)
• Whiteline adjustable sway bar 24mm (Rear)
• Cusco Rear Strut Bar (Type OS-T)
• Cusco Adjustable Rear Trailing Arms STi 2002-2007
• Whiteline Front and Rear Endlinks
• Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
• Chase Bays Power Steering Kit – 02-07
• Whiteline Rear Lateral Link Kit
• Whiteline Sway bar mounts
(Still need Front and Rear Axels)
WHEELS / BRAKES
• Stoptech Brake Lines
• DBA 4000 T Slot Rotors
• ARP Extended Wheel Studs
• OEM Brembo Gold – Front
• OEM Brembo Gold – Back
• 2007 STI Gas tank – 42012SA053
(Still need the 5×114.3 Hubs and Knuckles to complete the brake assembly installation)
• JDM V7 Transmission (non DCCD)
• 05-07 STi Cluster
• 98’RS Door cards (will have to modify to fit the crank style ‘Impreza L’ windows.)
• 98’RS Carpet pile
• 98’RS Headliner
• Roll cage
• TSSFAB T-Bar
• Enkei RS05RR 18×10.5 +22
I’ll add in the engine spec details once I get to that stage of the build. I’m targeting a 2005-07 EJ257 / 6MT.
Originally I wanted to go the 207 route but… I live in Ca! Not sure I have the stomach to deal with the hoops of making the car Ca compliant. Getting the 257 bar’d will be a task but prob not as crazy as trying to bar a ej207. Update: The car will no longer be street legal. I’ve decided to build it into a dedicated track car. I plan to use a USDM EJ257 mated to a JDM EJ207 transmission.
TSSFAB rear subframe.
The TSSFAB subframe is top notch! Quality finish and weighs much less than the stock subframe.
Decided to get it powder coated to match the car (although, most people won’t see this because it’s under the car! 😆 )
Can’t remember what Prismatic Powder blue this was, but it came out great! It looks fairly close to the factory Subaru World Rally Blue. This just has a more flakey metallic finish to it.
Along with the TSSFAB subframe, I also had my Cusco OS-T rear/front strut tower bars powder coated.
Brand new OEM 2006 STI control arms! These will work nicely on my Impreza GC8. Since the GC8’s are narrower than the 02-07′ STIs, plus I have a wide body kit. I need all the extra width I can get with the wheels.
Came home from work one day and my KW Variant 3s and JDM 99′ Impreza headlights were waiting for me. Nice surprise!!
For steering, I’m using the column from a 1999 Impreza RS 2.5 and linking that to the 2015 STI steering rack that is inside this massive box.